Saturday, January 9, 2010

Family antics

Well, after my latest marriage failure, I am now living with my mother while employed as a long haul truck driver, driving most of these states. This works well for mother; she loves me around for awhile then gone for a couple of weeks. I spent 20+ years away from my mom and now I have the chance to catch up. When I come in she and I always end up at the kitchen table talking for quite awhile, sometimes for hours. Most of what we talk about is family, and the hi-jinks that have taken place!

One of my favorites: Dad was out with his friends (some drinking involved). Mom always took the scrapings from supper and threw them in a pot to feed to our current dog the next day. That evening she left the pot out on the kitchen table.

Mom went to bed before Dad came home, but later heard him come in with his buds. At one point she heard Dad say, "Yes, she is a pretty good cook" and for a moment wondered what they had gotten into to eat. Then it hit her: they had tied into the greasy, fatty supper leftovers! We have told that one over and over, and never tire of laughing about it!!

No comments: